The Czech Statistical Office declares that while creating its web presentation it pays maximal attention to functionality and accessibility of its content in accordance with the Decree No. 64/2008 Sb., on the form of publication of information relating to performance of public administration via web pages for persons with health handicap (decree on accessibility).
On the turn of the year 2007/2008, the web presentation of the CZSO underwent a heuristic testing, which was done by the United Organization of the Blind and Visually Impaired. The result of the testing attributed to the web presentation of the CZSO (www.czso.cz
) the accessibility of a medium level, which according to the international methodology WCAG 2.0 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) corresponds to the AA level.
Currently, basic or medium level is met by CZSO web applications and from it derived variants:
Modified are also some dynamic applications:
Alterations were not made on the following parts of the web presentation:
- Questionnaires according to identification number “IČO”
- Samples of statistical questionnaires
- Nomenclatures – dynamic application
- Volby.cz – The Senate
- Volby.cz - Regional Councils 2008
- Volby.cz - European Parliament 2009
- Volby.cz - Chamber of Deputiest 2009
(e.g. Database of external trade statistics, Volby. cz – Results of Elections up to the year 2008, Library on-line).
These parts will be gradually modified. At the same time, also other modifications will take place, so that the web presentation of the CZSO will be as much as possible in harmony with the Decree No. 64/2008 Sb.
The list of the most important changes:
- Graphic objects made for operating pages have alternative text definition
- Changes of the content part of the presentation are caused only by activation of some element
- All texts are defined in relative units so they can by simply increased or decreased using standard web browser tools
- The web pages controls and layouts are made with regards to the best accessibility of other alternative web browsers (Opera, Mozilla, Fire Fox)
- Colours of the text and background are adequately contrastive
- The pages are accessible also in case of ignoring colours on web pages, styles and text size and using different colour schemes of the operation system
- In forms are particular form elements linked with their characterizations
- The web presentation respects standards of W3C consortium, page source is created according to the HTML 4.01 Transitional standard. Visual presentation is created with the aid of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), web presentation must also be accessible without using these cascading styles without loss of content information
- When creating the content of the web presentation, it is recommended to use marks for headings and lists according to the specification
Information mentioned is valid as at 1 September 2009
Web presentations of the CZSO do not always comply with the Decree No. 64/2008 Sb. as to the points showed below:
- Web pages must provide information using a simple language and in a comprehensible way
Justification: character of the web presentation of the CZSO does not allow to simplify the form of professional text without the danger that it would lead to inaccurate and thus incorrect interpretation. Therefore, scientific terminology on the web pages of the CZSO is well founded.
– When a user makes a mistake while filling in a web form there has to be available a piece of information showing in which item the mistake is. If the character of the web form does not make it impossible, there has to be available also information how to eliminate the mistake.
Justification: modifications to make web presentations accessible were originally made according to the methodology of Blind Friendly Web v. 2.2 with the highest priority. This requirement was not included in the methodology. We will keep that point in mind for the planned alterations of the design of our applications.
Link to this declaration you can find on pages, which at least partially satisfy conditions of the the Decree No. 64/2008 Sb.